Mateya Safari Lodge
The "fire core"
Suite outside view
Lodge suite view
"If youre searching for that rare and unforgtettable safari experience, offering a luxurious destination within breathtaking natural surroundings, then welcome to Mateya."
Mateya Safari Lodge is situated in the spectacular 75 000 hectare malaria-free Madikwe Game Reserve.
The five luxurious suites at Mateya are arranged around a hill, each with a private, rim-flow pool deck and natural window sala overlooking the waterhole or surrounding plains.
Whether gazing through the glass walls of the main dining room - or watching the cinders leap into the starry night from the bonfire in open air - you will experience the magic balance between luxury and the African wilderness at Mateya Safari Lodge. A truly remarkable destination.
Accommodation at Mateya Safari Lodge
The lodge caters for a maximum of ten guests in five individually designed luxury air-conditioned thatched suites. As such, you are ensured of exclusivity and a high standard of personal attention at all times.
The luxury thatched suites are all nestled in the Gabbro Hills, offering spectacular views of a waterhole and surrounding plains.
Each suite blends with its natural surroundings and offers uninterrupted views of the waterhole and plains. Guests can enjoy a balance of sophistication and comfort, in total privacy and harmony with nature.
Each suite has wonderful comfort features such as:
- hand-crafted mahogany furnishings
- en-suite luxury bathroom with secluded open-air shower
- a unique collection of original african artworks
- private deck with natural window sala looking onto a rim flow pool
- air-conditioned atmosphere control
- fireplace in all suites
- mini bar and tea/coffee making facilities.
Click here to enquire now
- all meals available on the decks or in the dining room overlooking the plains
- the "fire core" offers a unique bush dining experience
- for an ambience of elegance, the wine cellar is available for private dining
- bush picnic lunches available on request.
- dining, lounge and relaxation areas with high elevation views of the reserve
- one of the world's finest collections of african art
- african interest library
- curio boutique
- business centre with full internet and e-mail facilities
- gym and health spa with a therapist offering a complete range of full body relaxation therapies.
- wildlife safaris in custom-built 4 x 4 safari vehicles accompanied by our knowledgeable field guides and trackers
- informative guided walking safaris & birding safaris
- game viewing excursions are planned around guests' individual interests, as we take only 4 guests per vehicle
- if you would like a private vehicle for 2 guests, it is an additional charge of R2 000,00 per day.
- the minimum age for children accepted at Mateya Safari Lodge is 9 years and older
- all ages welcome when the lodge is booked for exclusive use
- no children under the age of 16 may be taken on walks.
Rates at Mateya Safari Lodge usually start from R12 465,00 per person per night sharing.
Rates vary depending on your lodge selection, the time of year and specials available.
Contact us for your very own quote, individually calculated by our experienced travel specialists. Each quote is based on the season, specials available, lodging quality and various other factors.
A lodge may offer special or discounted rates from time to time. Special rates exclude peak periods, public holidays and long-weekends, and are subject to availability.
- all meals
- teas & coffees
- * game drives and bush walks
- local beverages
- reserve gate entrance fee
- levies and transfer from madikwe airstrip to Mateya (if needed during low season months).
* persons over the age of 60 need a written doctor's Bill of Health before being permitted on a walk
- health therapy treatments
- premium and imported wines
- premium labeled beverages
- telephone calls
- curio purchases and transfers.