The Bush House
Enquire 1 to 14 days before arrival
- Five beautifully appointed en-suite rooms are situated around the body of the lodge.
- Separate shower and bath, toiletries, percale bed linen and fluffy towels
- All rooms have air conditioners, fans, hairdryers, safes and tea/coffee making facilities
Please enquire for the latest rates.
From time to time we may have specials or discounted rates.
Please enquire when booking.
- Rock swimming pool
- TV lounge
- Reading area
- Pub area
- Garden area
About The Bush House
The owner managed 4 star rated luxury Bush House is located on the western side of the malaria free Madikwe Game Reserve.
This is an informal lodge that encourages guests to kick of their shoes, relax and simply unwind. It is a home away from home and a personal, friendly atmosphere is guaranteed.
There is a cosy lounge and pub, reading area and TV lounge with DSTV (for sporting emergencies only!), rock swimming pool and lovely garden.
There is an active waterhole in front of the lodge and this is floodlit at night for 24/7 viewing.
If you have to work there is cell phone reception and internet!
- Children of all ages are welcome at the Bush House and we provide special game drives for the children that are too young to go out on adult drives
- Baby Sitting can be arranged on request
- Children under six years of age stay free of charge if sharing with parents
- Children six to twelve years are 50% of the adult rate if sharing with parents
The camp is fully fenced with an electric fence so it is perfectly safe to walk freely around camp and for children to play on the lawn.
Bush walks are available in the safety of the 5 hectare camp.
Activities at The Bush House include:
- Dawn and dusk safaris in open vehicle
- Bush walks under supervision of registered Field Guides / Rangers are conducted
Underground Game Viewing Hide
It is the only hide of its kind in Madikwe and in all probability the only one of its kind in South Africa. The underground hide overlooks the waterhole in front of the lodge and can comfortably seat 4 people with additional standing room for 4 - 6 people. Guests are able to sit at eye level to the waterhole and it is wheelchair friendly.
The hide is the brainchild of Gordon and Sue Morrison, the owners of The Bush House. With strict specifications from the construction engineer it took 3 months to complete.
It has proven to be a massive success with guests staying at The Bush House. Guests have been known to sit in the hide for hours on end and for good reason too. The Bush House has one of the most productive waterholes in Madikwe and a host of animals have been viewed to date on a few occasions. Lions, leopards, wild dogs, rhino, herds of elephant and buffalo, zebra, brown hyena, warthogs and spotted hyena to name a few. The waterhole is illuminated at night so 24 hour game viewing is available.
Wildlife, Birdlife & Nature
- Madikwe Game Reserve is one of South Africa's prime safari destinations
- The rich diversity of vegetation ensures a wide range of game and the habitat offers ideal game viewing opportunities
- Madikwe is home to 66 mammal species including the Big Five
- The endangered Wild dog and Cheetah are also found here
- More than 350 resident and migrant bird species
Access to The Bush House is through Madikwe's Wonderboom gate. The the access road is 300m from the reserve entrance. All makes of vehicle can easily travel to the camp.
Air transfers are available from Grand Central Airport or O.R. Tambo International Airport (Johannesburg).